Tuesday 5 August 2014

Intricate Paper Art

Five of the best paper sculptures

Today on the blog is all about paper. To start, here is a round up of five of the best paper art. 

Some of these are fascinating and very intricate. Some are also tiny - I am so drawn to tiny sculptures and intricate pieces. I think it ties into my love of books such as The Indian in The Cupboard and The Borrowers as a child - these tiny sculptures and intricate works almost promise of another world, a miniature one within our own that we can only understand through glimpses.

I think I also like the intensity that paper-only art creates, when you only have one medium to work with there is no covering up with a splash of paint or a daub of glue; a wrong fold in an origami work and the whole piece could fall apart.


Dinh Truong Giang

 Matt Shlian

Sculpture Today
Fictional Landscapes by Kyle Kirkpatrick

All Things Paper
Which are you most drawn to? Have you done any work in paper recently? Check out more intricate works and paper art on my Pinterest board here.

No comments:

Post a Comment