Sunday 3 August 2014

Vintage Rupert Bear Baby Dress

What I Made Today

My little girl is nearly five months old, which also means I'm about halfway through my maternity leave. On the one hand I can't believe where the time has gone, but equally it feels like she has been here forever!

More to the point for this post, it means she now fits into her dress that I made her out of vintage fabric while I was pregnant. I made quite a few things for the sproglet in the way of painting furniture and a couple of other sewing projects, which it plan to write about, but this was the only item of clothing. 





It's also special because it was the first thing I made when I got to about 20 weeks and started trusting that this little baby was definitely on her way!

I mentioned in my last post that my mum owns a fabric shop, but this little vintage fabric beauty actually appeared in my mun's wardrobe (of all places) when she was moving last year. The pattern I used is Butterick 5624 in size Small (from NB-Sml-Med), which I know now is around 6-9 month size (the sproglet is in the 91st percentile...).

If you are looking for similar, free baby dress tutorials I recommend going here and here

Delia Creates

Handmade Charlotte



I loved the fact it wasn't pink and that Rupert Bear is kicking a football, but that I could still make a girly dress out of it. Here she is modelling it herself falling over.



I'd love to make more for my baby girl, and now that I have my evenings back I might actually be able to! But I am yet to be convinced whether making clothes is cost effective or not - perhaps if I get quicker at pattern following/making!

No comments:

Post a Comment